- 1 Where is the best part of Charleston to stay?
- 2 Where do tourists stay in Charleston SC?
- 3 Where to stay in Charleston SC walk around?
- 4 What is the nicest part of Charleston SC?
- 5 What should I not miss in Charleston SC?
- 6 What is the best time of year to visit Charleston SC?
- 7 Is the French Quarter in Charleston SC Safe?
- 8 Is it safe to walk in Charleston at night?
- 9 How far is Charleston from Hilton Head?
- 10 Is Charleston SC a walkable city?
- 11 Do you need a car to get around Charleston SC?
- 12 Is Charleston expensive?
- 13 What is the best way to see Charleston SC?
- 14 Are there bad areas in Charleston SC?
- 15 How many days should I spend in Charleston SC?
Where is the best part of Charleston to stay?
Where to Stay in Charleston: 9 Best Areas
- Downtown, best area to stay in Charleston.
- French Quarter, where to stay in Charleston for couples.
- West Ashley, where to stay in Charleston on a budget.
- North Charleston, an inclusive area with miles of greenspace.
- Mount Pleasant, where to stay in Charleston for families.
Where do tourists stay in Charleston SC?
12 of the Best Hotels in Charleston, South Carolina
- Charleston Marriott.
- Holiday Inn Express Charleston.
- Courtyard Charleston Waterfront and Hilton Garden Inn Waterfront.
- Holiday Inn Charleston Historic Downtown.
- Hampton Inn Charleston -Historic District.
- Wentworth Mansion.
- Market Pavilion Hotel.
- Restoration on King.
Where to stay in Charleston SC walk around?
- Breakfast included. The Elliott House Inn. 1,084 reviews.
- The Mills House Wyndham Grand Hotel. 4,570 reviews. 115 Meeting Street, Charleston, SC 29401-2214.
- Church Street Inn. 531 reviews. 177 Church St, Charleston, SC 29401-3123.
- Hotel Bennett Charleston. 372 reviews. 404 King St, Charleston, SC 29403-6422.
What is the nicest part of Charleston SC?
Real EstateMy Top 5 Favorite Neighborhoods In The Charleston Area
- JOHNS ISLAND. Known as a premier South Carolina community, the Grimball Gates neighborhood on Johns Island is easily accessible to Charleston, Kiawah Island and Seabrook Islands.
- JAMES ISLAND.
- MOUNT PLEASANT.
What should I not miss in Charleston SC?
8 Can’t- miss Points of Interest in Charleston, South Carolina
- Husk Restaurant. It’s your own fault if you don’t show up in Charleston hungry.
- White Point Garden. White Point Garden also marks the end of the Battery, the city’s seawall and promenade.
- Old Slave Mart Museum.
- King Street.
What is the best time of year to visit Charleston SC?
The best time to visit Charleston is from March to May or from September to November when temperatures are mild – but not stifling. Hotel rates, however, will be high, especially around Easter.
Is the French Quarter in Charleston SC Safe?
Located in a safe neighborhood, with 24-hour doormen Safety is hardly an issue in this area of Charleston, however, the property does have 24-hour doormen who great every guest, as well as 24-hour front desk staff. Security guards also roam the grounds after dark.
Is it safe to walk in Charleston at night?
Downtown Charleston near the Historic District is generally safe and best known for its Southern hospitality. However, it’s still a busy city and visitors should use common sense when exploring. Avoid walking alone at night (especially in the city’s many alleyways) and keep valuables close to you.
How far is Charleston from Hilton Head?
✚ How far is Hilton Head Island to Charleston? The distance from Hilton Head Island to Charleston is 62 miles.
Is Charleston SC a walkable city?
Charleston, South Carolina has to be one of the worlds most walkable cities! This historical city which boasts some of the prettiest streets, which has some glorious old houses, has charm and beauty in bucket loads.
Do you need a car to get around Charleston SC?
The best way to get around Charleston is on foot. That said, you ‘ll probably enjoy the use of a car too. Having a car is especially helpful if you ‘re staying in the city outskirts or if you plan on indulging in some beach time. City buses and trolleys are available too, as are taxis.
Is Charleston expensive?
Downtown Charleston lends itself a European feel and is a highly sought-after place to live, making it more expensive than other areas. The average home price in the area is just over $700,000.
What is the best way to see Charleston SC?
Nearby the city market, you will see signs for carriage tours. Book one – it’s the best way to see Charleston and to learn about its rich history. The tour that I took was through Palmetto Carriage Tours and I HIGHLY recommend it. (You’ll get to see plenty of pictures later in this post that were taken on the tour.)
Are there bad areas in Charleston SC?
North Charleston Currently, it is still one of the top fifty most dangerous places in South Carolina! The total crime rate is 67.5 for every 1,000 people. This neighborhood had incessant reports on both violent and property crimes. There were incidents of shootings, murders, and aggravated assaults.
How many days should I spend in Charleston SC?
In fact, 3 days in Charleston is just enough to experience the best of this Southern city.