- 1 Why should the community be involved in tourism?
- 2 Why should communities and local residents be involved in tourism planning?
- 3 How do local communities benefit from tourism?
- 4 What is the importance of community participation to tourism sustainability?
- 5 What is community tourism involvement?
- 6 What is the community based tourism?
- 7 What is the tourism industry and why is it important to community development?
- 8 What is the important role of the government in determining the success of tourism development?
- 9 What are the negative and positive impacts of tourism in your local area?
- 10 What are the social benefits of tourism?
- 11 Do you think community participation is important in ecotourism planning?
- 12 What is tourism participation?
- 13 How can tourism contribute to the process of community development?
Why should the community be involved in tourism?
Community participation allows for sustainable tourism development in a community within the tourist area. Therefore, it can damage the viability of local community and environment in such rural destinations. This article explains on how the local communities could contribute the tourism development in rural area.
Why should communities and local residents be involved in tourism planning?
Local communities play an important role in tourism development. They are regarded as legitimate and moral stakeholders in tourism development. Local community has to be involved in policy and decision making so that it will enhance the trust and confidence of the local people on the tourism industry.
How do local communities benefit from tourism?
In addition to earning revenue, there are also cultural advantages to tourism. This helps the local residents to maintain their traditions and culture, while also showcasing it for all the visitors. Improved infrastructure. The additional revenue that comes into a community also benefits the government.
What is the importance of community participation to tourism sustainability?
Community Participation in Tourism Planning and Development Community participation (CP) is a vital component of sustainable tourism development and is advocated as a means to achieve both planning-oriented and community -oriented objectives.
What is community tourism involvement?
• Community participation in tourism planning is the process of involving all relevant and interested parties (local government officials, local citizens, architects, developers, business people, and planners) in such a way that decision making is shared (Haywood 1988, p.
What is the community based tourism?
Community – based tourism is a type of tourism where local communities invite tourists into their communities, giving them insight into their culture and daily lives. It is a form of sustainable tourism that allows travellers to connect closely to the local community they visit.
What is the tourism industry and why is it important to community development?
The process of tourism development is important as an important tool in community development. Hence many local communities have turned to tourism development to provide economic, social, cultural and overall development of the community.
What is the important role of the government in determining the success of tourism development?
The government may not be directly involved in tourism support, except in some areas of national importance such as developing tourism information systems or national tourism promotion. Therefore, the role of the government is to act as an economic power that will guide and manage tourism development.
What are the negative and positive impacts of tourism in your local area?
This can have both positive and negative impacts on the area. Positive and negative impacts of tourism.
|New facilities for the tourists also benefit locals, eg new roads||Overcrowding and traffic jams|
|Greater demand for local food and crafts||Prices increase in local shops as tourists are often more wealthy than the local population|
There are many social benefits of tourism, demonstrating positive social impacts. These might include; preserving the local culture and heritage; strengthening communities; provision of social services; commercialisation of culture and art; revitalisation of customs and art forms and the preservation of heritage.
Do you think community participation is important in ecotourism planning?
The local communities are, therefore, an essential part of their own development and the development of any ecotourism destination has a considerable impact on their life. Community participation is required so that the particular activity can enjoy support from the local community (Eagles ).
What is tourism participation?
In this sense, it is the sum total of the temporary or short term movement of people from their point of origin (source) to a destination outside their place of work or residence. It equally entails all the non-economic activities in which they participate during the time they stay outside their registered domiciles.
How can tourism contribute to the process of community development?
While tourism provides income for local communities, enables positive tourist experiences, and promotes cultural exchange, it may also create economic and cultural hardships for local communities, and is rarely ecologically sensitive.