- 1 What is New Jersey famous for?
- 2 Why do tourists visit New Jersey?
- 3 What’s the number one attraction in New Jersey?
- 4 What food is NJ famous for?
- 5 Why does NJ have a bad reputation?
- 6 What can you do in New Jersey for free?
- 7 What is South Jersey known for?
- 8 What are the nicest towns in New Jersey?
- 9 Is there anything to do in NJ?
- 10 What is the best time of year to visit New Jersey?
- 11 What is the best food in New Jersey?
- 12 What is NJ known for dessert?
- 13 What fruit is NJ known for?
What is New Jersey famous for?
New Jersey is known for many things including its beautiful beaches, busy roads, great food, intense politics, and diverse culture. People born and raised in this prolific state have a lot to be proud of – unique people, gorgeous scenery and exciting sports are just a few of our common attributes.
Why do tourists visit New Jersey?
Soak in the Best of Natural Beauty There’s a reason New Jersey is nicknamed “The Garden State” and that’s because it’s home to over 35 state parks and more than a dozen state forests. There are also several wildlife management areas and half-a-dozen national wildlife refuges.
What’s the number one attraction in New Jersey?
12 Top -Rated Tourist Attractions in New Jersey
- Take a Stroll along Atlantic City’s Famous Boardwalk.
- Visit Old Victorian Cape May.
- Liberty State Park.
- Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area.
- Princeton Battlefield State Park & Institute for Advanced Study.
- Battleship New Jersey.
- The Adventure Aquarium.
What food is NJ famous for?
Try these only-in-New-Jersey eats next time you visit.
- Hot Dogs.
- Texas Weiner.
- Pork Roll.
- Salt Water Taffy.
- Tomato Pie.
Why does NJ have a bad reputation?
New Jersey has a bad reputation for high property taxes and high priced homes. Both of which are true. As far as having a bad reputation on the overall, I can say with experience that New Jersey is a wonderful place to live and raise a family. It does come at a price because of its proximity to NYC.
What can you do in New Jersey for free?
The next time you visit New Jersey, try this roundup of free attractions.
- Cape May County Park & Zoo.
- Princeton University Art Museum.
- Heritage Glass Museum.
- Howell Living History Farm.
- The Center for Contemporary Art.
- Twin Lights Historic Site.
- Bridgeton Hall of Fame All Sports Museum.
What is South Jersey known for?
South Jersey is the home of the legendary Jersey Devil, also known as “Leeds Devil”. Although several people throughout history have reported sightings of the iconic creature, its existence remains a legend.
What are the nicest towns in New Jersey?
The Most Beautiful Towns in New Jersey, USA
- Cape May. Architectural Landmark. Facebook.
- Lambertville. Architectural Landmark.
- Collingswood. Architectural Landmark.
- Allentown. Architectural Landmark.
- Spring Lake. Architectural Landmark.
- Clinton. Architectural Landmark.
- Frenchtown. Architectural Landmark.
- Cranbury. Architectural Landmark.
Is there anything to do in NJ?
Another one of the best things to do in New Jersey is visiting Liberty State Park. With views of the New York City skyline, Ellis Island, and the Statue of Liberty, all from the comfort of New Jersey soil, visiting the park makes for an inexpensive day out.
What is the best time of year to visit New Jersey?
Weather Information The best time to visit New Jersey is during the early summer months; July and August are often hot and humid, with highs of 86 degrees. Winter is too cold for most tourists, who prefer the moderate climates of autumn and spring. Rain falls throughout the year.
What is the best food in New Jersey?
The Most-Notorious Eats in New Jersey
- Cape May Salt Oysters.
- Hard Rolls.
- Cuban Sandwich.
- North Jersey Pizza.
- Submarine Sandwich.
- Italian Hot Dog.
What is NJ known for dessert?
The 13 Most Over-The-Top Desserts in New Jersey
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Crazy Shake – Benny’s Bakery & Ice Cream Shoppe.
- Octopus Sundae – Hoffman’s.
- Pink Cotton Candy Cake – Sammy D’s.
- Red Velvet Fried Oreos – The Committed Pig.
- Liberty Cone – Coney Waffle.
- Ariana Donut – Broad Street Dough Co.
What fruit is NJ known for?
The blueberry, which was first cultivated in Whitesbog, became the official state fruit in 2004. In 2003, fourth graders at Veteran’s Memorial Elementary School in Brick campaigned to make the blueberry the official state fruit.