- 1 What is the most widely recognized and leading international organization in the field of travel and tourism today?
- 2 Which of the following has the greatest influence on tourism?
- 3 What is the greatest global employment opportunity?
- 4 What is the role played by WTO in tourism?
- 5 Who is the father of tourism?
- 6 What are the 9 sectors of tourism?
- 7 How does technology help the tourism industry in general?
- 8 What is the major contribution of technology in the tourism industry?
- 9 What are the three benefits of globalization in terms of tourism?
- 10 How many jobs does tourism create globally?
- 11 Which is the most expensive type of tourism?
- 12 What are the employment opportunities in tourism?
- 13 How much money is spent on tourism each year?
- 14 Is tourism a form of entertainment?
- 15 What are the key organizations that promotes tourism in the country?
What is the most widely recognized and leading international organization in the field of travel and tourism today?
1) United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO): the most widely recognized and the leading international organization in the field of travel and tourism today.
Which of the following has the greatest influence on tourism?
Anecdotally, the four factors (or variables) that are usually considered to have the greatest influence on tourist behaviors include:
- weather conditions,
- economic environment,
- the prices of products and services offered to tourists,
- the amount of leisure time that pleasure travelers have available to them.
What is the greatest global employment opportunity?
Travel and tourism: direct contribution to employment worldwide 2019, by country. China’s travel and tourism industry directly contributed to the largest amount of employment of any country worldwide with a total of over 29 million workers in 2019.
What is the role played by WTO in tourism?
Through tourism, WTO aims to stimulate economic growth and job creation, provide incentives for protecting the environment and heritage of destinations, and promote peace and understanding among all the nations of the world.
Who is the father of tourism?
Thomas Cook, (born November 22, 1808, Melbourne, Derbyshire, England—died July 18, 1892, Leicester, Leicestershire), English innovator of the conducted tour and founder of Thomas Cook and Son, a worldwide travel agency. Cook can be said to have invented modern tourism.
What are the 9 sectors of tourism?
The Nine ( 9 ) Pillars of Tourism
- Accommodation/ Lodging.
- Food and Beverage.
- Travel Sectors / Travel Agents.
- Souvenirs and Handicrafts.
- Allied Services.
How does technology help the tourism industry in general?
Technology has helped reduce costs, enhance operational efficiency, and improve services and customer experience. Both customers and businesses can benefit from improved communication, reservations, and guest service systems.
What is the major contribution of technology in the tourism industry?
Technology has the great advantage that it allows tourism industries to replace expensive human labor with technological labor, thus not only reducing labor costs but also avoiding issues of customer service. Yet technology may produce a whole new set of unintended consequences.
What are the three benefits of globalization in terms of tourism?
Globalization of tourism: Drivers and outcomes These effects include economic development, employment opportunities, the spread of technical knowledge, the development of new markets and products, new consumer values, environmental and socio- cultural changes.
How many jobs does tourism create globally?
In the financial year 2018–19, Australia generated $60.8 billion in direct tourism gross domestic product (GDP). This represents a growth of 3.5 per cent over the previous year – faster than the national GDP growth. Tourism also directly employed 666,000 Australians making up 5 per cent of Australia’s workforce.
Which is the most expensive type of tourism?
The Most Expensive Vacation Destinations
- Bora Bora.
- British Virgin Islands.
- Paris. Much like New York, Paris, France, has become a popular destination for many travelers.
- New York City. New York, New York is unsurprisingly one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world.
What are the employment opportunities in tourism?
The Major Career Options (Traditional Career Paths) in the Travel and Tourism Sector are:
- Holiday/Travel Agent.
- Tourism Manager.
- Travel Officer or Travel Agency Co-ordinator.
- Travel Counselor or Travel Consultant.
- Airlines Staff.
- Tourist Guide.
- Transport Officer.
How much money is spent on tourism each year?
In 2019, international tourism revenue amounted to 1.48 trillion U.S. dollars. According to the World Bank international tourism receipts are expenditures by international inbound visitors, including payments to national carriers for international transport.
Is tourism a form of entertainment?
Abstract. Entertainment tourism has recently become more popular. Entertainment attractions encourage tourists to travel around the world to have fun and are an important part of many gaming destinations.
What are the key organizations that promotes tourism in the country?
The National Professional tourism organizations in the Philippines are the following: Philippine Travel Agencies Asociation (PTAA), Hotel and Restaurant Association of the Philippines (CHRAP), Tourism Educators of SChools, Colleges, and Universities (TESCU), Women in Travel Philippines (WTP), Network of Independent