- 1 Which of the following has the greatest influence on tourism?
- 2 Which of the following is the largest single cost for airline operations?
- 3 What is the greatest global employment opportunity?
- 4 Is there interdependence between various segments of the hospitality industry?
- 5 What are the three benefits of globalization in terms of tourism?
- 6 How has technology changed the tourism industry?
- 7 How much do airlines pay for fuel?
- 8 What are the two largest airline cost categories?
- 9 Why is accommodation important for tourists?
- 10 Which is the most expensive type of tourism?
- 11 How many jobs does tourism create globally?
- 12 Is tourist a job?
- 13 What are the 8 sectors of tourism?
- 14 What are the 5 segments of the hospitality industry?
- 15 What are the 4 sectors of tourism?
Which of the following has the greatest influence on tourism?
Anecdotally, the four factors (or variables) that are usually considered to have the greatest influence on tourist behaviors include:
- weather conditions,
- economic environment,
- the prices of products and services offered to tourists,
- the amount of leisure time that pleasure travelers have available to them.
Which of the following is the largest single cost for airline operations?
Source: Airlines for America. Labor is the most important operating cost of an airline (32.3%), followed by fuel (17.7%). Labor represents about 75% of all non-fixed costs of airline operations. Layoffs are consequently the first strategy used by the airline industry for rationalization during a downturn.
What is the greatest global employment opportunity?
Travel and tourism: direct contribution to employment worldwide 2019, by country. China’s travel and tourism industry directly contributed to the largest amount of employment of any country worldwide with a total of over 29 million workers in 2019.
Is there interdependence between various segments of the hospitality industry?
There is a definite interdependence between the food service, lodging, and meeting segments of the hospitality industry. This means they often work as a team; they rely on one another for success and form a mutual dependence on one another.
What are the three benefits of globalization in terms of tourism?
Globalization of tourism: Drivers and outcomes These effects include economic development, employment opportunities, the spread of technical knowledge, the development of new markets and products, new consumer values, environmental and socio- cultural changes.
How has technology changed the tourism industry?
Technology has helped reduce costs, enhance operational efficiency, and improve services and customer experience. Technology has helped tourism and hospitality industries replace expensive human labor with technological labor. This helps reduce labor costs, but also helps avoid customer service issues.
How much do airlines pay for fuel?
Fuel expenses typically represent around 20-30 percent of an airlines ‘ total expenses, so any fluctuation in price will respectively affect the financial position of airlines.
What are the two largest airline cost categories?
The major expenses that affect companies in the airline industry are labor and fuel costs. Labor costs are largely fixed in the short-term, while fuel costs can swing wildly based on the price of oil. For this reason, analysts pay more attention to fuel costs in the near-term.
Why is accommodation important for tourists?
Your accommodation reflects your cultural experience. It provides the opportunity for visitors to stay for a length of time to enjoy the locality and its attractions, while their spending contributes to the local economy.
Which is the most expensive type of tourism?
The Most Expensive Vacation Destinations
- Bora Bora.
- British Virgin Islands.
- Paris. Much like New York, Paris, France, has become a popular destination for many travelers.
- New York City. New York, New York is unsurprisingly one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world.
How many jobs does tourism create globally?
In the financial year 2018–19, Australia generated $60.8 billion in direct tourism gross domestic product (GDP). This represents a growth of 3.5 per cent over the previous year – faster than the national GDP growth. Tourism also directly employed 666,000 Australians making up 5 per cent of Australia’s workforce.
Is tourist a job?
Jobs in the hospitality and tourism career cluster involve planning, managing, and providing lodging, food, recreation, conventions, and tourism, and related planning and support services such as travel-related services. This career cluster is divided into five pathways: Restaurants and Food/ Beverage Services. Lodging.
What are the 8 sectors of tourism?
For many years, however, the tourism industry was classified into eight sectors: accommodations, adventure and recreation, attractions, events and conferences, food and beverage, tourism services, transportation, and travel trade (Yukon Department of Tourism and Culture, 2013).
What are the 5 segments of the hospitality industry?
The industry is complex, consisting of five major segments: food, lodging, travel, tourism and recreation.
What are the 4 sectors of tourism?
There are four segments of the hospitality industry: Food and beverages, Travel and Tourism, lodging, and recreation.