- 1 What is Greenville SC known for?
- 2 What should I know before moving to Greenville SC?
- 3 How much does it cost to live in Greenville SC?
- 4 What big companies are in Greenville SC?
- 5 Is Greenville SC a safe city?
- 6 Does anyone famous live in Greenville SC?
- 7 How is life in Greenville SC?
- 8 What is the best area to live in Greenville SC?
- 9 Is Greenville a good place to live?
- 10 Is it cheaper to live in Greenville South Carolina?
- 11 How much money do you need to live comfortably in South Carolina?
- 12 How much is a gallon of milk in Greenville SC?
- 13 Who is the largest employer in SC?
- 14 What is the main industry in Greenville SC?
- 15 What is the biggest industry in South Carolina?
What is Greenville SC known for?
Greenville is the cultural and entertainment center for the upstate, including an award winning downtown, a major performing arts center, a 17,000 seat arena, a 340,000-square-foot convention and exhibition center, nationally recognized museum collections, and 39 parks, playgrounds and recreation centers.
What should I know before moving to Greenville SC?
10 reasons you should consider moving to Greenville, SC
- There’s an abundance of outdoor activities year round.
- The cost of living is low.
- It’s a foodie’s paradise.
- Downtown Greenville is full of things to do and see.
- Incredible annual festival and events.
- Mild weather throughout the year.
- Furman University.
How much does it cost to live in Greenville SC?
Greenville cost of living is 89.8
|COST OF LIVING||Greenville||South Carolina|
|Median Home Cost||$187,500||$170,100|
What big companies are in Greenville SC?
Let’s take it from the top.
- Prisma Health. Health Services | 15,941 employees.
- Greenville County Schools. Public Education | 10,095 employees.
- Michelin North America. Headquarters – research + development, manufacturing | 7,120 employees.
- Bi-Lo, LLC.
- Bon Secours St.
- GE Power.
- Duke Energy Corp.
- Greenville County Government.
Is Greenville SC a safe city?
Greenville is considered one of the safest cities in South Carolina, though its crime rate is slightly higher than the state average. Crime in Greenville is still lower than the United States average.
Does anyone famous live in Greenville SC?
Dan Marino, Gary Player, Lucas Glover, and Jay Haas all have homes in the Greenville area. Sam Wyche lives in Pickens. Andi McDowell has a house in the mountains outside of Asheville.
How is life in Greenville SC?
Greenville is family-friendly with its walkable downtown that includes parks and museums that make it easy to enjoy the area at a low cost. Being in close proximity to Clemson University, Furman University and other colleges, Greenville’s population feels young despite the median age of the population being around 38.
What is the best area to live in Greenville SC?
10 Best Upscale Neighborhoods in Greenville, SC
- Greenville Country Club.
- Hampton Pinkney.
- North Main Community.
- Alta Vista.
- Augusta Road.
- Overbrook Historic District.
Is Greenville a good place to live?
Niche.com ranked the city of Greenville, SC as the #1 Best Place for Young Professionals in South Carolina in 2019! Furthermore, other cities in Greenville also ranked as the best places for millennial job seekers in South Carolina by Nerdwallet.com in 2015. Greer ranked 3rd and Greenville ranked 5th.
Is it cheaper to live in Greenville South Carolina?
Greenville’s housing expenses are 22% lower than the national average and the utility prices are 3% higher than the national average. Transportation expenses like bus fares and gas prices are 8% lower than the national average. Greenville has grocery prices that are 0% lower than the national average.
How much money do you need to live comfortably in South Carolina?
What is the Cost of Living in South Carolina? According to the Economic Policy Institute, the annual cost of living for a single person without any children averages to $2,332 monthly in South Carolina; if you have a spouse and two children, then the relevant figure becomes $4,748 per month.
How much is a gallon of milk in Greenville SC?
A single person estimated monthly costs are 986$ without rent. Greenville is 24.52% less expensive than New York (without rent). Cost of Living in Greenville.
|Milk (regular), (1 gallon )||3.58$|
|Loaf of Fresh White Bread (1 lb)||2.74$|
|Rice (white), (1 lb)||1.59$|
|Eggs (regular) (12)||3.94$|
Who is the largest employer in SC?
State Profile: Largest Employers
|#||Employer||Number of Employees|
|2||Medical University of SC||12,000|
What is the main industry in Greenville SC?
A major industry in Greenville is manufacturing, and the Harvard Business Review identified the Greenville -Spartanburg area as the model of a manufacturing community thanks to factors like visionary leadership, collaboration between business and government, and customized upgrading of workers’ skills.
What is the biggest industry in South Carolina?
What Are The Biggest Industries In South Carolina?
- Agriculture. Agriculture in South Carolina is diversified and heavily mechanized.
- Tourism. Tourism in the state is one of the biggest industries.
- Automotive. The automotive industry is one of the largest industries in the state of South Carolina.